December 12, 2014

White Chili Christmas


I hosted a Christmas lunch for my Fort Bragg lunch group yesterday, it's always fun to get together with them to catch up and reminisce! 
The menu was White Chicken Chili with cornbread and salad. We had some amazing gourmet cupcakes for dessert courtesy of our group's star baker, Melissa....thank you so much!


I'm going to share the chili recipe I got from my mother and show you some of our Quarters One decorations!


My dining room decor was inspired by this Santa giclee from Ballard Designs. Each year they come out with a new print, this has been my favorite so far. 




The red and white velvet runner is new from Pottery Barn. I had it monogrammed in black to mimic Santa's suit. The initials I used are our combined monograms!




 Rosemary sprigs, with white linen napkins all tied up in string, these are a few of my favorite things!


The cloche is filled with more of my favorite things to include silver ice skates tied with red ribbon. My very favorite Christmas present from Santa, when I was a child, was a pair of white skates with red pom poms...I wish I still had them!


I love for the sideboard to look ready for a party!






Can't quite get away from those fall pumpkins...this one still blends nicely in the dining room!


I balanced the orange pumpkin with a bowl of oranges and tangerines...not only pretty but a healthy snack on the way to the living room!


The kitchen gets a few touches...I'm currently digging this brown checked ribbon from Merrifield!




White Chicken Chili
2 large onions, chopped
4 cans Great Northern beans
8 C chicken broth
1 T + 1 t ground cumin
1 T chopped garlic
2 t oregano
1 T cayenne pepper
2 6-oz cans diced green chilies
4 C cooked, diced chicken
2 C light sour cream
4 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese + some for toppings

In a large pot cook onions in a little oil til translucent.
Add beans, north, chilies, and spices.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer to heat through to allow flavors to blend.
Add chicken, sour cream, and MJ cheese. 
Simmer on low until cooked through.
Garnish with tortilla strips, fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese.


The photo of the bowl of chili has corn as an ingredient, which isn't listed in my recipe, but could be added.  I added a small can of corn to the Jiffy Mix cornbread instead!


I love to serve salad on a big platter. This is the Barefoot Contessa's Cape Cod Chopped Salad!

Stay tuned for more Christmas at Quarters One and, hopefully, a peak at a bella friend's house, too!

'Til Next Time...

GO ARMY! BEAT NAVY!


1 comment:

  1. Your WCC recipe is on my stove as I type, and it is smelling great in my house on this rainy afternoon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!