December 17, 2017

Quarters One Christmas Tour: My Office



Our quarters, built in 1930, include a maid's room with bathroom. I'm sure at some point there may have been a shower or bath but today the adjoining room is just a powder room.
In the past, I used this room as my office and I did that again here. There are no doors so a fourth bedroom was not an option although a breakfast or sitting room would have been cute too!









I took all of the "stuff" off of my message board and made it my Christmas card holder.  These cards are from my two children who were married this past year!






The curtains in this powder room are actually two 108" tablecloths I bought at Home Goods.  I used clip rings to hang...it took about 10 minutes and no sewing necessary!






I love using antique linens for hand towels in the bathroom...any linen works...table runners, pillow cases, I don't know why I just love it!




This cameo portrait of me was done exactly 20 years, to the date, before my daughter was born!




I have a few more rooms to share before Christmas, oh my gosh I can't believe we're about a week away!
See you soon!
With Gratitude, Shand

1 comment:

Pin It!