May 10, 2015

Blooming Where You're Planted



 It's a beautiful spring in the neighborhood!
Finally, aahh choo...excuse me...
Finally, we have some warm weather and bright colors!
One of the things I love about living in military quarters is that you never know what you're going to find growing (or buried) in the garden. Especially your first year, it's always a surprise. 


 Over the years, my military sisters have planted a few of their favorite things in this Quarters One garden. I am reaping the benefit of their love and attention just as I hope the next occupants will do.


Azaleas, hydrangeas, lavender, strawberries, mint, mint and more mint...mojitos anyone??  I think mine is the only garden on the block that did not get wiped clean during a recent purge of unauthorized plantings... and I'm so thankful!




I'm more of a container gardner myself and I can not resist red geraniums in a terra cotta pot. They make me so happy!


The flora of eclectic gardens reminds me of military spouses and the saying "bloom where you're planted". I'm always so impressed by your ability to move in, put down roots, make your community a better place, and leave... only to start all over again. 
 This weekend, which began with Military Spouse Appreciation Day, I offer thanks and gratitude to all of my fellow military spouses. 
And a happy Mother's Day, too!


Yep, that's right, count 'em...there's double trouble at Quarters One these days...that's Brackett our "grand dog".  She's come home with her mama for a while and we are happy to have them both!

'Til next time!


A special Happy Mother's Day to the three beautiful mothers in my life...Margie, Dorothy, and Frances...I love you and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!