September 17, 2014

What I Did Over My Summer Vacation



There's already a chill in the air and the official end of summer is only a few days away, hard to believe!  I spent most of the summer at the beach and computer access is spotty, hence my blog break.  Here's a quick run down of my lazy summer vacation...

Watermelon was my go to dish this summer...for appetizers, side,  or dessert...I believe we ate a field full...



I saw these guys in Atlanta all the way from Kansas and The Gatherings on the Prairie, I miss them lots...


I had girlfriends visit...





We drank quite a few Bloody Marys! My friends, Pete and Lynn,  have a new line of mix coming out soon, Pete's Beachin' Bloodys...and they are super awesome...


We sang "Let it Go" from Frozen....a lot...with these cutie pies...


We have 16 nieces and nephews, living all over the place, so it's a rare treat that we get to spend any length of time with any of them. It was a great week with Max and Matthew, two of my 13 year old nephews who came to the beach...



We took Tippet sailing! She was not a fan but hopefully she will find her sea legs eventually...


We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in Boston at Fenway Park!  It's been a wonderful, eventful journey and I am excited for the next 30 years with this man...


   
Saw James Taylor! He was awesome...


We spent a lot of time doing this...


 And this...


And even this!  


Unfortunately, we had some collective heartbreak.  Life is never predictable. It hurts (a lot) but I pray everyone moves forward into life full of love and hope, we all deserve that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!