February 28, 2014

Puppy Love

If you know me personally, or have been following my blog for a while, you know how devastated I was when our sweet little dog, Camy, died after nearly 14 years of companionsip. I never imagined I would be able to love another dogever.


Here is the blog I wrote about my faithful friend, Camy.

But here I am.  
And here she is. 
 A 9 pound blond bundle of wiggley joy. My husband has been dreaming of a yellow lab for years.  A spur of the moment trip to Cresthill Kennels in Woodford,VA changed my mind about loving another dog in the blink of two puppy eyes and the wag of a tiny tail.
 Smitten. 
My husband, my daughter
 and me. 



She was the only one left in her litter, just what we were looking for, and she was waiting just for us. 



This means no more uninterrupted sleep. No more lazy, late weekend mornings. The main topic of our adult conversation revolves around puppy poop right now. But it's all good. 



Having been here before, I know how fleeting these puppy days are. Babies and puppies, they grow up so fast. One moment you're rocking your little one to sleep and in an instant they are all grown up. 
Out of your arms and into the world.
 (I digress, writing of my children...)



 I am committed to enjoying each moment of these puppy days. Even the frequent trips outside...and back outside.
 I have the luxury of time and I choose to spend it on her. I know the future and I know the payoffs are tenfold in the love and loyalty she, Tippet, will give us.
If you have, or have had, a pet you love unconditionally, you know what I mean...and hopefully you'll appreciate all of the many photos I plan to post!


Welcome to our family, Tippet!
'Til next time!
(www.facebook.com/quartersone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!