November 26, 2019

His...Fall at the Cabin

Idlehour Cabin is a dream come true for my fly-fishing husband.  
Quarters One has always had a dual personality, split between our military quarters and our beach cottage.
And so it continues to be split between the beautiful North Carolina coast and the Blue Ridge mountains.


I'll get into more about the interior in later blogs. If you follow @quartersone on Instagram you've seen some of our journey. 
This fall has been full of letting go.  
It's been a little tumultuous, a little stressful, but I feel like we are finally shedding the last of our military life shell and finding joy in this new place in life.





It's all a work in progress.  I feel bad I wasn't able to pull together fall decorations for the cabin and I'm not even sure I can get it together enough to decorate for Christmas.

(#skippingChristmas)
 Allora.
(That's sort of "sigh" in Italian!)

Luckily, Mother Nature has my back on this one...








I'm really excited to be included on a Holiday Home Tour again this year sponsored by 11 Magnolia Lane.  This amazing duo (one of these lovey ladies is a military spouse!) has gathered  their blogger friends together to bring you so much holiday inspiration! 
It all starts Monday, December 2 and you can find all the links on my blog and social media.

With Gratitude, Shand 
Instagram @quartersone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!