October 16, 2017

October is My Favorite Color!

  
It's been exactly 3 years and 9 months since I've been able to say I love our Army quarters.  
Don't get me wrong,  I'm grateful to have lived at Fort Myer but those quarters and I had no chemistry.
Nada.
But I love, love the new Quarters One!
(Which is actually Quarters 3 but you know the story...)
 This is the same 1930's floor plan that we lived in, with some variation, at Fort Benning and Fort Bragg. 
 Last fall I thought we might retire over the summer so I gave almost all of my faux fall decor to my daughter.
Even though that hasn't happened (yet) I didn't want to make purchases I had to keep around.
So when I came across a veggie stand full of these beauties...


I decided to fall into my favorite season keeping everything natural and simple. 
And I don't have to pack it up when Christmas rolls around!


These little white pumpkins are the best! They go with everything and just about every room gets one.



One of the few things I kept were pillow covers.  I'm pretty obsessed with pillows.



The foyer.




These heirloom pumpkins are perfect for the kitchen.




The crows made the cut, too. 
See them in last year's fall blog HERE.











We had our first guests for dinner...
Our gorgeous, fun friends,Vikki and Jeff.  
(They seriously look like Grace Kelly and Cary Grant!)
We served our dinner in small, Italian style courses:
Butternut Tarte and Prosecco 
Leek Soup
 White Bean and Fennel Salad
Shrimp and Grits
Ginger Snaps with Cream 
Wine
and then some more wine...

Keep up with us on Facebook and Instagram
Thanks for visiting our first post about the new 
(and improved) 
Quarters One!

With Gratitude,
Shand 

1 comment:

  1. Your home is beautiful! I found your blog a few years ago when you did the prettiest Christmas post. Love to pop by periodically...our son is currently at Fort Benning for basic training. I have a new appreciation for base housing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!