December 17, 2016

Quarters One Christmas Home Tour 2016



Oh my gosh it's so cold!! I've been working from my cozy home and I completely let time get away from me this year.
I can hardly believe Christmas Eve is just a week away!
I bet you thought I was going to leave you out on the porch...well of course not!


I'm so excited about a big change we made in our quarters! You know I've never been crazy about this house and I'm not sure why. Well, a few weeks ago my husband suggested we switch the living room and dining room.  


Not switch around but completely switch rooms. 
Oh. My. Gosh.
Why didn't we do this 3 years ago?
I don't know much about Feng Shui but I know the energy of the house, and our attitudes, completely changed when we made the switch.


It was so much fun to decorate brand new spaces! 



I love having a fireplace in the dining room and I don't even miss it in the family room. 


Everyone should have a bell! I have always used this to get a crowd's attention when we have functions at Quarters One. 
It's so much more pleasant than clapping, yelling, whistling, or completely losing control of your guests.







I love the red and green against the white on the staircase. I bought this faux greenery at the end of last season and I really love the very traditional and simple decor.


And of course a corbel!


We actually added some space by keeping this sitting area in the dining room. My husband can sit in here by the fire and read while I catch up on shows in the family room.



This great Pottery Barn mirror hangs over faux table I'm using to hide a radiator that is such an eyesore.


I filled this sweet cabinet with white pottery since it is now in the dining room.




And now the family room!



I wish I could put all of my pillows on the sofa but our new little beagle rescue, Beau, has made my Pottery Barn faux fur blanket, and the sofa, his recovery space.  I don't have the heart to move him.




Books come in handy to make our tufted bench a usable coffee table!


It's so light and bright in here, it's almost like an open floor plan now...
Did I mention how much I love what we've done with the place?


I replaced some of the dishes in the china hutch with books to make it more family room appropriate.










We haven't had a faux tree in quite some time, but, I've been eyeing this flocked tree from Wayfair for the past year.  It's quite messy but I think it's just beautiful!


Our tree is undecorated this year, a kind of sad tradition we have when one of our family members is deployed.


The view from the sofa...we don't have cable so we weren't restricted on where we could put the telly.



I hope to be back with another little bit of our house before Christmas and I definitely want to share Beau's story with you.
I hope you have a great weekend!
Merry Christmas!
With Gratitude, Shand (and crew)


8 comments:

  1. As always, you and your home inspire! Merry Christmas friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The switch looks great, Shand--what a creative idea! And welcome to sweet Beau; I wouldn't be able to move him, either. I've been dying for a flocked tree but wonder if it will all fall to pieces when we move this summer. Merry Christmas! XO, Christy
    PS Will you please come over and link up your tour? http://www.11magnolialane.com/2016/12/13/12-days-of-holiday-homes-show-us-your-holiday-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Christy! I kept the box for the tree so hopefully it will be ok when we move...or I should say if we move :) Merry Christmas to you, too!! I will link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing!! I love reading your posts and the pictures!! Cute little Beau too!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It!