November 25, 2014

Welcome to the Kitchen


We have a nice tradition on our post. Every month the spouses get together for lunch either in someone's quarters or hosted at a local restaurant. We are all so busy that sometimes it's the only chance we have to visit with our neighbors. I volunteered for the November lunch and wanted to share a few photos with you.
The menu was simple...quiche, fruit salad with a lemon and honey dressing, croissants, and a sweet assortment of cookies for dessert. I also served sparkling and flat water along with wine. Too easy!
Here are a few photos from the lunch as well as some from our kitchen. You can check out the blog post from our last, very large,  kitchen at Ft. Riley... find it it here!


I served a basic quiche with different fillings, I posted the recipe in my recipe section of this blog.


I forgot to take a photo of the fruit salad! It was chopped pears and apples mixed with walnuts and dried cranberries. Tossed with cinnamon, honey, and lemon and served on a bed of arugula. I used a large white platter instead of a bowl.


Every military spouse should have a set of white lunch plates...or know someone who does that you can borrow from! These Butler's Pantry square plates from Nove have served me well!


Here are some before and after photos of our kitchen, as far as quarters go, it's a great size... a little narrow but I'm not complaining! 


I like the glass door cabinets, they're a good spot to display some of my bright Italian dishes. The wall color is Sherwin Williams "Contented".


My red transferware is stacked in a crystal bowl that was a wedding gift.





A photo from another day...


Tippet's treats! 


Coffee bar...we're fortunate to have two sinks in this kitchen, too. We have three bright windows and I opted not to put curtains up this time.


Condiments on a silver tray.

  
The hall next to the kitchen was designated as a coat rack but we used the space for our wrought iron shelving...gotta have a place for all of those dishes!



This rooster print is actually a dishtowel I had framed. It was purchased at Beauville in Ribeauville, France when we were stationed in Germany.  Great memories.... I have a stash of them I am hoarding!


This is the landing at the top of the first set of steps up from the kitchen...I show it because these curtains are repurposed from our kitchen at Ft. Riley! Something from one quarters always fits somewhere in another!

(Hey, just between you and me, I was really surprised at the number of spouses that did not respond to the luncheon invitation. RSVP means let me know if you're coming or not coming. I know we all get busy and things happen, they happen to me, too. But, I just wanted to let you know the RSVP struggle never ends.)

'Til next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It!